This Is Why You Should Get Your Holiday Cleaning Done Early
The holiday season is here, and it brings gifts, arguments at the dinner table, vacations, and loads of fun. It also brings plenty of chores and lots of cleaning. You can search for “cleaning services near me” and hire professionals to do some early holiday cleaning or do it yourself. Either way, early holiday cleaning brings a lot of benefits. Let’s check out why you should do it:
- Saves Time – The holiday season keeps you free from worries unless you’re a retail employee who is mentally preparing to handle the crowd during discount sales. You get to take time off your job and spend valuable time with friends and family. That’s why house chores are the last thing that comes to your mind.
If you’re going for a vacation, cleaning is way down the priority list. However, procrastination is only going to make things worse. During the holidays you expect a lot of guests, and you need to prepare a lot of food and decorate your home in the best way possible. If you also need to clean your home during the holidays, things could get messy. Juggling so many responsibilities and tasks isn’t easy and you’re going to make a mistake that wastes more time.
If you’re not entertaining guests and going on a vacation, things would get difficult when you return home. When you come back, you’ll be in a state of relaxation and would do cleaning chores with guaranteed inefficiency and more time than usual.
That’s why early holiday cleaning is very important since it gives you more time for the important things like decorating your home, preparing feasts, or packing and planning for a vacation.
- Peace of mind – You clean your home every day and deep clean it a few times throughout the year. However, cleaning before the holidays has its own charm, especially when you get the help of a professional cleaning service. Things look neat, smudge and dirt free and everything is organized neatly into place before you get busy with guests. That brings unmatched satisfaction.
Similarly, if you plan to go on a vacation this holiday season, it brings you peace of mind if you leave a clean home. Otherwise, you won’t be able to enjoy your destination or the journey leading up to it. The afterthought of a messy home will constantly bug you and keep you from enjoying your vacation.
- Prevent food spoilage – Early holiday cleaning should also include a stock checkup on the fridge. Most families have a lot of food stocked in their refrigerator and all of it won’t be usable for the holiday feast. Checking up on the expiry dates of different ingredients helps you plan your meal for the next few days before the holidays truly arrive. This way you can prevent throwing food away and save yourself a lot of money.
Moreover, when you strategize the stock inside the fridge carefully, you get to finish up all the old ingredients and meat and get to use fresh ingredients when the holidays arrive. Fresh ingredients always make better food and will make your holiday feasts grander than ever.
If you’re going on a vacation during the holidays, early cleaning and use of the stock in the fridge is very important. You don’t want to go on a vacation for two weeks and return to a fridge full of rotten and smelly food. The rotten food will also contaminate fresh ingredients around them with their bacteria and awful smell.
- Hospitable environment – When you clean up before the holidays your home becomes more hospitable. Yes, reaching up to the shelves, mopping the floors, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom can be tiring and cumbersome, but equally rewarding in the form of a cleaner and hygienic environment. If cleaning is too tiresome and you don’t have the time, you can always hire professionals to do the job.
If you leave the chores for the holidays and are unable to attend to them during the busy period, your home will stay dirty at many places and your guests wouldn’t feel welcome. The problem escalates if you go on a vacation and leave a dirty home behind. When you return the air would be stale and dusty beyond belief.
Poor indoor air quality can be more dangerous than the polluted air outside. That’s because the harmful microbes aren’t flowing away and there’s no sunlight to kill them either. You’ll instantly feel the bad air as soon as you open the door and take the first breath.
- Laundry is more manageable – Cleaning before the holidays also includes the laundry. It’s a job you can’t leave to perform at the last minute. During the busy season, you and everyone else in your home will spill a lot of food and drinks, especially when it’s alcohol. A dirty floor can be wiped clean, but you can’t wear dirty clothes. You’ll be thankful to have plenty of extra sets of clean clothes and sheets.
You’ll be even more thankful to have lots of clean clothes during your vacation. Even if you have a pair of modular pants and shirts that can be worn all day, you run out of options if they get wet or dirty. While packing light is important, a few extra sets of clothes never hurt.
- Prevent infestation – When you go on a vacation during the holidays, you want to clean up early to keep away bugs and pests. Even if there’s a minuscule amount of food waste or unclean dishes, it will attract pests to your home. In the winter season, wildlife along with rodents and pests have scarce sources of food and they are going to try out all the options. You don’t want to come back to a pest-infested home.
Early holiday cleaning can save you a lot of time, hassle, and money. It also prepares your home and makes it more hospitable for guests or when you return from a vacation. That’s why you should start cleaning as soon as possible or search for “cleaning services near me” and let the pros do their job.
Comments are closed.